Though Christmas is not the most important and the most widely celebrated festival of India. Yes, there are other festivals that are celebrated in India like Diwali, Holi, Janmasthmi and many more. But since few years there has been a great excitement within people when it comes to Christmas. You will find many places in India where celebrating Christmas vacation is a big-time affair. Goa, Kerala are some of the places where is celebration of Christmas in full swing. If you’re planning a Vacation in India for Christmas, then these are places whose Indian vacation packages one should go for.
In India, many schools and even some colleges go on a break for a few days during Christmas. So it gives you a nice opportunity of taking and availing the last vacation of the year with Vacation in India. Also in many workplaces, the official year is between January and December. So those who still haven’t availed their earned leaves can make full use of this opportunity.
Where to go for Christmas Vacation in India
Luckily one will find plenty of options within the country. There’s Goa always, which is without any everybody’s favourite. Then there is also Rajasthan, which is too hot at the other times of the year. All the beaches are amazing in December. And how can one forget the tiger and bird sanctuaries and the reserve forests. Bandhavgarh, Kanha , Corbett, Sundarban, Ranthambhore, and many more could be incredible destinations.
Even the hill stations are lovely in December, majorly for those who love the snow and the chill in the air. One can head to Gulmarg, Yumthang, Auli, Binsar, Munnar, Manali, Dalhousie, or any of those little hamlets across Himachal, Sikkim, Kashmir, Uttarakhand, and somewhere else.
Best Destinations for Christmas Vacation in India
- Goa: The sand, sun and the beaches is what constitutes Goa. Not only that, beautiful churches and buildings with Portuguese architecture and the amazing drinks and food. It’s like a whole carnival in Goa in December. Goa is a must visit at the time of December between Christmas and New Year.
- Kerala: Kerala is mesmerizing and magical during winters. The tropic beauty of the state is a must visit with waterfalls and delicious food. Also, Kerala has lot of Christians which makes Christmas celebrations pretty huge in the state.
- Kashmir: Snow and the peaceful and beautiful valley of Kashmir what does one want more. Don’t worry about the winters as the hotels as well as the house boats are centrally heated which makes it comfortable to stay in there.
- Rajasthan: The best time to visit the state of forts is December, as it’s the only time of the year when the state is not hot. The Christmas that you’ll celebrate in this state can never be forgotten.
- Wild Life Sanctuary: Be it Corbett, Kanha, Pench, Bandhavgarh, or Ranthambore, none are less attractive for celebrating Christmas in wild.
Plan Christmas Vacation to India with Vacation India, they offer you with the best Vacation packages to India all inclusive!