Has it ever occurred to you that you’re in love with a place so much more that knowingly and unknowingly you went there, but you were seeking something else? Goa is one such tropical holiday which most people find it fitting in the category. While several visit the fantastic destination to enjoy its shores, there are several other things the place has to offer. If you’re coming from the national capital, after exploring through the markets, beaches and night hot spots you can easily find flights from Delhi to Goa to return. Let’s take a look at the reasons why Goa tops the list of favorite tourist spot in the country.
Planning a trip to a place like Goa involves a lot preparation, however, it is the availability of a wide range of hotels (both cheap and lavish), eateries, pubs and even quaint beaches (which requires no money) to enjoy a great time. The best part is that you can easily get flights from Delhi to Goa to return. Let’s take a look at the reasons that propels Goa as the top tourist destination in the country.
- Wildlife refuges – Goa is a perfect tropical getaway for nature lovers with wildlife refuges like Mollem National Park and Bhagwan Mahaveer, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary which have more than 200 species of fowl.
- Historical places – Also referred to as the ‘Rome of the East’, Old Goan houses Hindu Goan styled buildings, convents, museums, art galleries, bungalows and bakeries that will take you back in time with their unique mixture of Portuguese and many iconic churches.
- Spice plantations – also you certainly would, and should you adore Goan cuisine, it is an excellent notion to learn more about the spice plantations here. At Sahakari Spice Farm, taste and you do not only get to pluck spices, but also feast on a traditional Goan lunch.
- Nightlife – Goa has some of lively nightclubs for a variety of celebration fans and the very happening night spots. Of course the floating casinos are extremely exceptional to Goa and a few of these are situated at Anjuna Beach, Baga Beach and there are music festivals like Full Moon Party, Sunburn Music festival to get you grooving.
- Shores – Of course, it’s the main reason for selecting Goa, and there are many beaches to select from to match your tastes. Shores in north Goa are for excitement and celebration fans, whereas those in south are for people who are looking for some relaxation and tranquility.
- Adventure sports – Most beaches of Goa have water sports facilities like windsurfing, parasailing, jet skiing, banana boat rides, scuba diving as well as a number of alternatives to satiate the adrenaline junkie in you.
- Goan food – Goan cuisine is a fusion of its own lip smacking dishes like Vindaloo and Portuguese and South Indian cuisine, Sol Kadi, Sarapatel are gastronomical pleasures you’d love to gorge on.
- Goa and Ayurveda – the idyllic place in Goa is also home to ayurveda centers and a lot of Yoga. A number of the picks that are truly amazing are Palolem, Agonda, Mandrem, Anjuna shores. You’d definitely return from Goa feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.